After it’s debut in February of this year, HOGE saw a meteoric rise before stabilizing in price within the last few months. While the price may have declined, the community sure hasn’t. The project’s subreddit has continued to see steady growth and the launch of numerous HOGE-based charities, online games, and in-person events have added to the tokens appeal. An appeal, that at this price-point, might be a no-brainer if you are looking to invest in a token with a low market cap and incredible dev team and community. So how does one buy into HOGE? And more importantly, what is the cheapest way to buy HOGE?
There are numerous avenues to buy HOGE, but due to the soaring price of Ethereum gas fees it can be intimidating for someone who just wants to get their feet wet. If this sounds like you, you have come to the right place because we have exhausted all options for those located in the US and found the cheapest option. One note as we begin this walkthrough – there is a high withdrawal fee on most exchanges if you do want custody of your HOGE tokens to receive the HOGE distributions.
Cheap Option #1: Binance.us to Metamask to PancakeSwap
- Visit Binance.us and set up an account if you don’t already have one
- Buy Binance Coin ($BNB)
- Set up a Binance Smart Chain wallet in your Metamask wallet
- Transfer the Binance Coin to your Binance Smart Chain wallet on Metamask
- For Metamask to recognize HOGE, you will need to import the HOGE token into Metamask. From Coingecko, this address is: 0xa4fffc757e8c4f24e7b209c033c123d20983ad40
- Within Metamask, access Pancake Swap (pancakeswap.finance) and link your Metamask wallet
- Copy the above HOGE address (0xa4fffc757e8c4f24e7b209c033c123d20983ad40) into the search bar titled “Select a Token”
- Choose to “Enable It”
- Trade BNB for HOGE
Cheap Option #2: XLM/Tether to WhiteBit
- From your preferred exchange, buy XLM
- Transfer XLM to Whitebit
- Within your Whitebit XLM wallet, move your XLM from the “Main Wallet” to your “Trade Wallet” if it isn’t already in there
- With your XLM on Whitebit, swap it to USDT
- Swap your newly acquired USDT for HOGE
A couple notes on this approach: (1) To withdraw your HOGE, there is a 202200 HOGE fee. For some buyers, it might make sense to forego moving your HOGE off the exchange to receive the distribution in order to save money on that withdrawal fee. (2) You can also exchange Tether instead of XLM, but you will see higher fees.
If you want to learn more about HOGE, check out our comprehensive guide to the token here!
[…] Also, check out our article on the Cheapest Way to Buy HOGE. […]